I am bringing some changes to the blog in the coming weeks that I am excited about, but that is for tomorrow. For today, I thought I would get you going with a bit of a meal plan for this week. Our kids go back to school and activities this week (I realise that some of you out there still have another week off, so enjoy! Take advantage of every minute.), so it is time to get back to routine, and that means groceries, meal plans, lunches…
- Sunday: Leftovers…We had friends in to ring in 2012 and say good bye to 2011, so there is leftover chili, hot dogs and even some delicious Moroccan Chickpea Stew. And of course, buns and bagels and veggies and dip
- Monday: since it is still a day off, Monday is filling in for Sunday this week…Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, spinach salad and roasted veggies.
- Tuesday: Back to work, back to school and back to the rink means homemade chicken vegetable soup with leftover spinach salad, and a little homemade bread.
- Wednesday: Pork stir fry with black bean sauce and brown rice. I like to use a couple of boneless pork loin chops for this. Cut into strips and cook in skillet with a little bit of grapeseed oil and a couple of cloves of garlic. Remove from pan and set aside. Stir fry sliced red onion, a couple of bell peppers cut into strips, in a couple of tablespoons of oil, when peppers are bright add the pork back to the pan and add 1/4 cup of black bean sauce. Cook for 4-5 more minutes. Serve with brown rice.
- Thursday: Sausage and Peppers with linguine and salad.
- Friday: First week back? I am really hoping for take out tonight…Maybe even from Saigon kitchen…salad rolls, pho, and some of their curry chicken.
- Saturday: Recipe test day…It’s a surprise…come back and see what we make!
The kids are going to make the lunch menu tomorrow, since school goes back on Tuesday. Don’t worry, we won’t forget to share…
Happy New Year!