Last year, I only made one resolution and that was to keep a blog. Well, today is my one year anniversary of blogging. I thought this list was a great way to kick off a new year.
So, here is my list…It was easy to get to about 26, but then it got more difficult to come up with realistic projects and goals that were focused on me, or that I could have some control over. I could come up with things I wanted to happen (or make happen) during the year, but sometimes they weren’t really about me. I could come up with things I wanted to get the kids to do, or that I wanted to have happen around the house, but since this was my list, I was hoping to try and keep within where I had most of the control.
- Read 12 novels/books of short stories.
- Follow the De-clutter Calendar successfully.
- Double the number of blog entries 2012 over 2011.
- Develop 5 ways to attract meal/menu planning clients.
- Attract and maintain 12 meal/menu planning clients.
- Sell all four pairs of figure skates in the crawlspace.
- Take the full month of August off.
- Go kayaking with K, at least once.
- Pursue one copy-work contract each month.
- Take the kids up to Mt Washington once more this winter.
- Finish saving photos to flash drive from computer before February 28th, 2012
- Call Meredith more than once this year.
- Create a New Weekly Blog Routine. (07/01/2012)
- Post the week’s menu both on the fridge and on the blog, every week! 2/52
- Floss regularly.
- Read 12 non fiction books.
- Have breakfast/coffee with Tine once a month, without children in tow.
- Get a new kitten.
- Make a photo book for Dad and Agnes.
- Make a photo book for Mum (and she reads this, so now she will know I am hoping to make her one, so she will ask me until its done).
- Get a puppy. We promised the kids last year, that there would hopefully be a puppy this year.
- Bike around Gabriola Island with the kids.
- Develop one new recipe each month.
- Buy that new dining room table…
- Patch and paint the chips in Kate’s bedroom wall.
- Hang all the current pictures that are sitting around the house waiting to be hung.
- Clear out the junk from D’s bedroom.
Organize K’s bedroom.
- Post the new calendar for each month on the fridge at the beginning of each month. 1/12
- Host one card class each month for 10 months.
- Book one workshop for each of the months: February, March, April and May.
- Sign up for one fitness class.
- Attend and complete said fitness class.
- Review three cookbooks for Andrew’s website.
- Complete three pages for each of the kids’s scrapbooks.
- Get Kate started on a scrapbook.
- Get Duncan started on a journal.
- Re-cover the wing chair in the living room.
- Order new blinds for the big playroom.
- Write to Hollie.
- Send out the rest of the Christmas cards…lol
- Complete another A to Z blogging challenge.
- Finish setting up Lunch box website.
- Create a mini Project 52 list for the beginning of each month.
Order new wall calendar and new daytimer.
- Have one date night this year that doesn’t involve our birthdays/valentine’s day or our anniversary…so a total of three…
- Take Kate’s Tinkerbell poster to Costco to get it laminated.
- Make enlargements of the kids pictures at Pipers.
- Have birthday supper for everyone before it is time for the girls to head home.
- Make cake pops for Valentine’s Day.
- Dig small vegetable garden for Summer 2012.
- Ask for what I want. Kind of vague, but something I am not always good at doing, but when I decide to do it, I usually do it well.
There! Quite the list, and I don’t think I will get through all of, but then I will roll it over into the list for 2013, that is all!
What do you think? Are you making a list for 2012? Are you making any resolutions?
Stay tuned for this week’s lunch menu a la kids…