- Sunday: Definitely NOT our meal for under $10.00, but a real treat instead! (that is why we need to have those under $10.00 ones later on). Bouillabaisse from Cooking with Cory. (got to be one of my favourite go-to cookbooks for making something special)…Lots of fresh seafood in a rich steaming broth, plus homemade bread and a delicious winter salad: Spinach salad with beets and feta and pecans (and a maple mustard vinaigrette).
- Monday: Slow cooker Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots)
- Tuesday: We are going out to dinner with our teenagers who are leaving us soon (one this week, one next), so it is “Unbirthday Dinner” and a trip to the chinese restaurant (but little do they know that it is not the buffet but rather something special instead).
- Wednesday: good old fashioned Pea soup (which always makes my daughter sad, because she loves it but cannot bring any for her school lunch), for another hit at less than $10.00 for 6 people.
- Thursday: Potato soup with kale. A good $10.00 meal that everyone likes.
- Friday: With all that cooking, I suspect there will be at least a few leftovers for Friday supper… However, I noticed at school last week, that this Friday is movie night, which means there is pizza from the concession. Our school’s movie nights start at 5:30, so that means supper comes from the concession. Have to find out if the troops actually want to go to movie night first tho’!
- Saturday: chicken pot pie. This recipe makes a very large portion and therefore serves 10, and costs $12.00.
Lunches for packing…
- Monday: Left over spinach salad and bread for the Man of the house; the kids will be taking Spanikopita, and veggies with Raita for dipping.
- Tuesday: the plan is for there to be enough leftover pot roast for all the lunches.
- Wednesday: Ham and cheese sandwiches, with veggies and dip
- Thursday: tuna and cream cheese roll ups, ginger cookies and fruit salad
- Friday: Peanut butter and banana roll ups, or peanut butter and apple roll ups (which ever one we have left by Friday).
Lunches for little people…
- Monday: “Hamburger” soup
- Tuesday: crustless spinach quiche with toast
- Wednesday: Ham and cheese sandwiches and vegetable soup
- Thursday: whole wheat pasta and meat sauce
- Friday: cheese pizza