I have heard it said that 2013 is the year of Quinoa… Well, here is a new recipe we tried over the holidays (and I have dug up where it came from! Thank you, So Very Blessed). A great appetizer, or for part of a great clean lunch!
Cheesy Quinoa Bites
Makes ~28 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Source So Very Belssed